Monday, May 16, 2011

Girls guide to crochet and shelving

Since "House" is currently pushing my Grossometer level into overdrive, I figured I would write until the gory stuff is over.   
Some sort of cold or flu bug is currently kicking my buns.  I rarely get sick, and if I do, I get over it usually within three days.  I started feeling the scratchiness in my throat Wednesday, felt pretty crappy Thursday and Friday and was somewhat down for the count on Saturday and Sunday.  Luckily, my boss is super cool and let me take off early Thursday, Friday and today.
Feeling better now, just experiencing the end portion of a cold with all of that coughing and snot goodness.
Mr. Bug didn't stop me from doing my Lincoln library volunteer training on Friday, though.
Having been a shelver at the Roseville Public Library, a lot of it was the same, but I did have to get to know the library's set up, shelving system and how to check books in.
I forgot how much I miss shelving.  I'm going to be a little rusty with checking books in, especially DVD's and audio books, but I'll get there in time.
Shelving, though.  There is just something so very relaxing, almost zen-like, about sorting books by author or dewey decimal system, and then slapping 'em up on those shelves.  I know I sound like an extreme dork, but I love it.
I "accidentally" got myself signed up for the Lincoln Women's Club.
I was interviewing the president, and she was talking about all of the different sub-groups the club has, like Mahjongg and scrapbooking.  I was all, "Hey, that sounds like fun.  Maybe I'll join."
Those words were my kiss of death.  I'm only partly kidding about that.  I'm looking forward to joining, and I've even agreed to be leader of the crochet group.  Our first project will be baby hats.  So, anyone woman in Lincoln want to join me, hit me up.  
They meet in this beautiful 80+ year old building on E Street.  Most of them are over 60, but they are the sweetest old ladies, and they all seemed super excited to have me join them.  I'm told there are others in their 30's, 40's and 50's.  I have not seen them yet.
Oh yeah, and we're gearing up for the Cake Pop Heroes stand.  More on that later.

No comments: