Friday, June 15, 2012

28 weeks

Summer just started and dayum it's hot already!!
But that could just be the pregnancy talking.  I've been roasting since mid-May : )
We had our late pregnancy class/hospital tour last night at Kaiser Roseville.
I was so glad we did the tour.  I think it boosted our confidence about getting through the last trimester and knowing that Kaiser's labor and delivery philosophy are pretty well-aligned with ours.
I like that I'll be able to get up and walk around during labor and not be confined to the bed.
And the rooms there!  Both the labor and delivery room and postpartum room are like hotel rooms (but with all of the medical gear).
I'm feeling pretty calm about the whole having-another-human-come-out-of-my-body thing.
For now.
We'll see what happens when labor starts.
Baby girl's kicks and jabs aren't as painful/strong as I thought they would be.  Don't get me wrong, they're noticeable, but maybe she already likes me and is being gentle.
I figured out what the rhythmic kicking I'd been feeling was.  They're hiccups.  I always wondered what that would feel like and now I know.
As tough as I like to be and as much as I don't like to do less than I usually do because I am pregnant, I've learned to step back a little bit at work.
I've been taking on less because when I do more than I should, my body feels it.  I don't like having to come home from work and just lay on the couch all night.  Sometimes I still have to do that, but since I've lightened my workload it doesn't happen as much.
I guess we all have to say uncle sometimes. : )

No comments: