Thursday, January 22, 2015

If I make it out alive...

I swear I will laugh about this stuff when she's older.  Or probably even next week.
Today has just been one of those days where I am a second away from dropping f-bombs all up in here to blow off some steam.
I decided that we would stay home today so I could focus more on potty training.  We've been using Pull-ups for the past few weeks but the people on the Internets are right, she's not uncomfortable when wet because it's like wearing a diaper. 
So I bought training underwear in hopes of helping her learn that peeing your pants sucks and makes you feel gross.
I think we are on pair number four or five today. Instead of telling me she has to go, I get, "Uh oh, change the diaper!" or "Uh-oh, pee!" and then I look over and her pants are soaked.
It's progress, though, because I know soon she will probably tell me she has to go instead of telling me she went.
But being housebound has made me cranky.  We usually head out for an activity in the morning.  That way, she is worn out, ready for lunch and ready for a nap instead of like today.
After taking her pee for the zillionth time, we headed out, Jackson, dogs and all to play in the front yard before lunch.
Which was cool, until it was time for lunch.  Because that meant going inside.
Cue the running across the yard screaming "Play outside! Play outside!" which meant mommy had to spent extra time coaxing her in the house like a dirty cat that needs a bath.
While I was making lunch, three time-outs were given for spitting water all over the floor twice and then running to her bedroom with a fork just because I asked her to give me the fork.  She grabbed it off of the counter, I asked for it which apparently means run like a bat out of hell even though running with a fork is a bad idea.  But she doesn't know that.
When she was done with lunch, she hucked her placemat across the table, which connected with my glass of water, spilling it all over the floor and Brody.
The cherry on top was when I had refilled my cup of water, and she decided to pick it up, walk to the other side of the table and dump the contents all over the floor.
So naturally I called Andy and begged him to come home with chocolate.
Now she is sleeping after minimal fuss.  I guess being a badass is tiring.

No comments: