Friday, November 23, 2012

My un-angsty Thanksgiving post

Looking at my last post you would think Thanksgiving was a total crap fest.  Not true!
Some highlights!
  • After seeing how bummed I was about not visiting family on turkey day, Andy called several family members on his way to work to find someone to come and visit Lucy and I.  I had visits from Andy's mom, grandma and his dad, which made a world of difference.  They definitely lifted my spirits.
  • Andy's dad Larry was able to hold Lucy for the first time ever.  I loved seeing how happy he was to finally do so, and he's definitely enamored with his granddaughter.
  • We cooked our very first Thanksgiving dinner at home.  I would have roasted a turkey but let's face it, those things are massive, so we went with a little 5 1/2 pound chicken instead.  Andy cooked the rest of the meal so I could tend to our little turkey, which consisted of stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole and apple pie.  It was nice being able to spend the evening together as a family, and it's great that Lucy is healthy enough to be home with us to enjoy those things.  
 After my last post, I realize that I tend to focus on the negative more than the positive.  I'm going to make it a point to not do that anymore, because it's no fun!  I'm sensing a New Years resolution? : )
 

2 comments:

Dumm Family said...

Sadness! You had an awesome time google hanging out with us!!

Stephanie Dumm said...

I did, I did!!