Monday, January 7, 2013

I love a good swaddle in the evening

I was starting to feel pretty smug about Lucy sleeping through the night since eight weeks.
But then I read an article online saying babies should stop being swaddled around four months, because not being able to move freely at night could inhibit crawling later on down the line.
Since I don't want that to happen (yikes!) we've decided to stop wrapping her like a burrito for bed time two nights ago.
Now I feel bad for being so smug!
We went from bath, pajama, swaddling, feeding and then bedtime by eight, and once she was down, she was down!
Sigh.
I miss burrito baby.
We still do the same bedtime routine, but it's a lather, rinse repeat of: nursing, rocking, in the crib, and waking up as butt hits the mattress.
This little cycle usually goes on three times before she goes to sleep, and there's usually a little bit of crying before she falls asleep.
Instead of sleeping straight through until six or seven in the morning, we're waking up at 3:30/4 a.m., awake for an hour and then again at six or seven.
There's not a lot going on on Facebook at that time, but it does give me time to catch up on Words with Friends : )
I've been extremely tempted to swaddle her again but I know she's going to be too big one day for that, so may as well start now, right?
Oh, I'm tired today.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Heh...burrito baby