Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's going so fast...

Our little girl is getting so big.  *sniff*
We've graduated from babywearing to this:

 Today was her first time riding in the grocery cart basket, which went pretty smoothly until the end.  But I chalk that up to being tired after a super short nap and then Mother Goose on the Loose at the library.
Waiting for Mother Goose on the Loose to start : )

She started melting down towards the end of our grocery shopping trip.  I pulled out my shopping list, and she was very intrigued by the paper.  She ended up getting a hold of it (maybe I gave it to her?) and when I took it back, she freaked!!
I gave her a teething toy, which only kept the wrath at bay for a few minutes.  Then she got a hold of my keys.  I took those away, and it was tear city!  The worst was at checkout.  I was preoccupied with bagging and paying, and she was not happy.  But we went home and nursed, and all was good in the world again.
 While I'm sad about the last 6 1/2 months flying by, her age has definitely made life more fun.  It was only three months ago I was writing about having to lock ourselves in a dark bathroom with the sound of rain playing on our phones during Christmas gatherings.
Now we are able to visit other peoples homes and attend parties without melting down (much).
This weekend was our nephew Stephen's baptism, which included the actual baptism at Stephen's church and then a party at his family's home.
We did have to leave the room during the baptism because Lucy started to get fussy, but her diaper was wet so it wasn't fussy just for fussy sake.
The LDS church where the baptism took place was pretty big, and I couldn't remember which way we had come in.  So when I attempted to go out to the car for a diaper change (I was late and Andy and I drove separately, so I left the diaper bag in the car) we got locked out.  
I started to freak out, because I didn't have my phone on me.  It was in the church's refrigerator because I had dumped my phone and wallet in the bag carrying a salad we were going to be bringing over to Chris and Jenilyn's house for the party.  I know, random, right?
I walked around one side of the church thinking I could get to my car that way, but there was a padlocked gate in my way.
Luckily, by the time I got back to the door we had left out of, a very pregnant woman and her toddler were outside.  When she realized we were locked out, she recalled that a reception was being set up in the main hall so she knocked on the door and someone let us in.  Phew!!
 The baptism was over by then, and we headed to the Dumm casa in Rio Linda.
I had a great time visiting with Jenilyn's sister, Sharalee.  She has a daughter born the same week as Lucy, and it was great to talk about being new moms and all of the "fun" stuff that comes with it.
Lucy held up so well!!  She was held by a few different people and had no problem being in around so much activity.  She did start to get crizanky around 7 p.m., but that's to be expected because we're usually getting started on bed time around then.  
(I'd post pics from Saturday but I didn't take any.  Silly me!!)
Then yesterday, Andy had the day off, which was a bonus because he thought he had work that day at Starbucks.
We headed over to the Sprigg's house for dinner.  Patrick is Andy's friend from high school, and we've become close with his parents, as well.
We always end up having a great time with them, and they love seeing Lucy.
 And that's been life lately. : )

5 comments:

Shar and Tyson said...

Awesome! I made your blog! I had fun talking with you, too. Lucy is adorable.

JustMe said...

Lucy is so cute! Having an interactive child is so much fun! Baby Evy is almost 10 months and she just keeps cracking us up. You just never know what they will do next. :)

Stephanie Dumm said...

Shar: So is Lydia, you can totally tell she and the Dumm boys are cousins : )

Kathleen: Heh that's a good way of putting it, she's totally interactive. Now to get her over freaking out when being held by others...

JustMe said...

Evy did that for a couple weeks, then got over it. Her mother freaked out for a couple of months and it nearly drove me crazy. Hope Lucy outgrows it quickly too.

Stephanie Dumm said...

A friend of mine said maybe the reason she freaks out when held by others is because we're there. We are going on a date on Friday and leaving her with my sis'n'law, so hopefully all goes well and she's a happy kid while we're gone. This is the first time we're leaving her!!