Monday, April 15, 2013

My little lady lately

We seem to have fallen into a daily/weekly routine around here lately, which is good!  Bedtime continues to be a challenge, but Lucy is slowly learning to get to sleep on her own at night.  Next up is working on napping solo during the day.  Which I'm looking forward to, because as it's getting warmer out, she's become a little heat generator.
She's been getting two solid meals a day, either oatmeal and a fruit/veg or yogurt and a fruit/veg.  I've been making most of her fruit and veggie purees, with the exception of carrots, which I buy in those fun little pouches.  I guess the carrots you buy in the produce section can have high levels of nitrates, which is okay for adults but not for babies.
Broccoli puree.
 So far she's eaten peas, sweet potato, apple, pear, avocado, banana, zucchini, yellow squash, potato, green beans and broccoli.  
Green beans and broccoli haven't gone over too well, I think they might be a little too chunky for her liking.
Everything else has been a hit though.  
She doesn't seem to have any interest in feeding herself, though.  I've tried given her diced banana, avocado and puffs.  She's either more interested in the plate they're one or smooshing them all over the place.
She love love loves eating frozen cherries in the mesh fresh food feeder.  They are messy as hell, but she loves it.

She's also gone pro with the whole sitting thing.  She still falls over on occasion, which makes me nervous, but I guess falling over is part of learning.  She doesn't usually care when she falls, unless she falls onto a toy.



 

 

No comments: