Wednesday, October 16, 2013

18 weeks

How far along:  18 weeks
Gender:  We don't know yet, but hopefully we'll know by the end of the month.  I have a feeling it's a boy, but we'll see.
Weight gain:  Only about two pounds so far, which is right where I was last pregnancy at this time.
Maternity clothes:  Most days I can get away with wearing my normal pants with a hair tie to keep the button closed, but by the end of the day I always have to change into comfy pants (sweats/leggings).
Stretch marks: Nope.
Belly button in/out:  In, and I'm predicting it stays that way.  It never popped last time.
Sleep:  Well, I only sleep as long as Lucy does.  She's been sleeping from 8 p.m. to 5/6p.m., but I'm getting up two or three times to pee, sooooo...
Miss anything:  I really miss beer, especially since 'tis the season for parties.  I also miss having energy.
Movement:  I get little nudges here and there, but I have to be in a really quiet environment and usually laying down.  
Cravings:  I've pretty much been craving anything that's bad for me.  With Lucy, it was fruit.  This time, it's donuts, burgers, pizza, etc.  Luckily we have a pretty tight grocery budget, which prevents me from running out and going through drive-throughs.
Queasy or sick:  Thankfully, that ship has sailed!!!  I was feeling really gross for awhile, especially right in the beginning.  We took a trip to Tahoe about two weeks after I found out, but since we weren't telling anyone I had to have a pretty good poker face. The one thing that is still bothering me is leftover food in the fridge and Lucy's poo diapers.  It's a good thing we still have old hospital masks!
Looking forward to:  Feeling more movement.  I still worry a ton about the well-being of our baby, so I remember that last time after I could feel kicks I calmed down a bunch.

3 comments:

Dumm Family said...

Feeling your baby move is SO AWESOME! So are comfy pants.

Ashley Brickner said...

Congrats on your second pregnancy!!! Little Lucy is adorable!!!!


wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Stephanie Dumm said...

Thank you, Ashley. : ) I checked out your blog, little Waverly is a cutie!!