Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pregnant...on steroids

No, seriously!  
It's not just an expression.  In addition to the fun I wrote about last week, we now get to add a daily steroid pill to my routine.
My high-risk prego doctor to go over some techical stuff, basically a blood test they performed confirmed my condition even more and reinforced my treatment plan.
But now I get steroids!
They are supposed to inhibit the growth of the troublemaking antibody, which cold made my neutropenia better.  The idea is to also lower the number of them that could transfer to the baby.
But here's the kicker.
"Okay, so there are some side effects.  One of them is irritability and another is weight gain," said the doctor.
"Well, I'm already dealing with that, now aren't I," I joked.
The doctor giggled a bit and added sleeplessness and possible gestational diabetes to the roster.
I really hope the diabetes doesn't happen.  I have no problem following the diet, but I don't feel like stabbing my fingers on a daily basis.
The best part was telling Andy about the steroid side effects.  
I could hear slight panic in his voice as he realized I'm going to be pregnant...on steroids. 
Ha.
Buckle up kids.

1 comment:

Dumm Family said...

Holy Moley! You and babies.. maybe adoption for the next 5...