Friday, January 3, 2014

Making 2014 Count



This blog is in response to a prompt over on Little Baby Garvin.

I’m 1/3 of the way into my second year of mommyhood, and about to add another to our brood.
I’ve always felt bad for women who let go of themselves after having families, focusing on their children’s and husband’s needs instead of their own.
I always thought I wouldn’t let that happen, but I think I have or am really close to being on the way to that happening.
How I’d like to make this year count is to make time for myself more than I have in the past 16 months.
I’m definitely not thrilled with the state of my body/health, so I want to focus on walking more with the kid(s) and eating on a more regular basis instead of haphazard snacks and a big dinner.
I have the best intentions to go for walks but rarely find the motivation to do so.  I’m not really sure how to find that motivation, but I’m trying to walk with friends more often, because it’s lame to cancel plans!
I want to do more of the things that I used to enjoy before being a mom.  I need to unplug more and read more books.  Find more projects to crochet.  Get the sewing machine out and learn how to sew. 
I know that sounds crazy because things are going to get nuts in March when the baby gets here.  But once I get my sea legs with having two kids it’s game on for rediscovering things that make me me.
I’ve also got to get over myself and ask for help once in awhile when I need it.  I get to bent on being able to do everything on my own but with a toddler and a newborn around, I don’t think I can afford that.
Doing more fun and creative activities with Lucy is also on my list.  More walks, more trips to the playground, and fun and unique arts and craft activities.
I also want to make this year count by doing more things with my husband that we enjoy, making time after the kids go to bed to spend time together, and not just watch TV or play on our phones.
So yep, I’m going to make 2014 count by remembering that I’m more than just a mom and a wife, so I can be the best mom and wife possible.

1 comment:

Dumm Family said...

I love it! Your the best!