Monday, January 20, 2014

Random Monday thoughts

I'm pretty sure she picked up her cold germs here.
  • Cold season has officially kicked off.  The little one's nose started running yesterday and she ended up sleeping in our bed last night so I could keep her on pillows with her head elevated.  My hats off to moms who co-sleep because she is all over the place when she sleeps, which kept waking me up.
  • I managed to pull off four stories for the month of January!!  I started freelancing for my old newspaper chain last January after I quit my full-time job to stay with Lucy, and back then the thought of two stories per month overwhelmed me.  It's kind of ironic that we've reached the point where she can entertain herself while I do phone interviews and photos, but in two months we'll be back to square one with a baby in the house.  I'm going to take a few months off from writing while I get my sea legs and we'll see how much I can accomplish after that!!
  • It sort of makes me sad to know that Lucy and I have reached the point where she can play by herself, which has been great for blogging, reading, and doing housework, but we will be initially starting over again.  I hope this little boy likes the Moby wrap as much as she did.
  • I have an ultrasound on Thursday to make sure everything is going well with him (no bleeding anywhere because of my immune condition).  Happy thoughts our way are welcome!
  • I'm hoping we'll be be able to re-confirm that this one is a boy so I can donate/consign some of Lucy's old clothes  so I can make room for boy clothes.
  • Oh, and coffee just isn't the same with Splenda.


No comments: