Monday, September 8, 2014

Six months

This little nugget turned six months old on Sunday!


































I cannot even put into words what Jackson adds to our family.  He is the happiest, snuggliest and funniest little boy.
This little meatball loves his sister, and she's the only one who can really make him giggle by doing nothing at all.  She sneezes, he laughs.  She shrieks, he laughs.  When I say nothing, I mean she doesn't try to make him laugh, pretty much her existence makes him laugh.
Everyone comments on how big he is.  And the kid his huge.  We weighed him on our bathroom scale and he was 20 pounds last night.  At his doctor's appointment today, he was 19 pounds, which is what Lucy weighed at one!

I'm not sure if it's a boy vs. girl thing, or what, but we have been more successful with breastfeeding, so I think that has a lot to do with it.  
We got clearance to start solid foods, so tonight he had his first taste of oatmeal.  I was too busy manning the spoon to get pics, but Andy did, so I'll have to get my hands on those.  I think it's safe to say he enjoyed it, and kept grabbing the spoon.  He needed a bath right after, that's for sure.

He's a pro at rolling over both ways, and has started scooting backwards on his tummy.  It's really only a matter of time until he's crawling!
I can't wait to see what the next six months hold for this little nugget!  

No comments: